This fine nourishing cream is designed to reach all seven layers of the skin leaving it smooth, nourished and moisturized. It does not block pores or leave a heavy oily feeling on the skin unlike certain facial oils. As its name indicates, the cream is simply made by washing ghee 100x with purified water. Ghee is the most refined end product of milk and is highly prized in the science of Ayurveda for its many purposes and benefits. It is an excellent anti aging complex that heals the complexion, softens scars, combats sun spots, treats acne, nourishes wrinkles and heals burns. Although time consuming, your skin will definitely thank you for it!
Preparation Time: 2hr (for 25 washes using a manual hand whisk)
Conservation Time: 4-6 months (stored in a clean, dry air tight container)
Yield: 130 gr
- 100 ml Ghee (Recipe here)
- Purified water (100ml for each wash)
- A bowl (Traditionally made in a copper bowl)
- A manual hand whisk preferred or electrical if limited by time
1. Put 100 ml of ghee in a vessel and add the 100ml water (prefarably cool but not ice-cold) to it
2. Whisk for a few minutes until the ghee and water are thoroughly mixed
3. Drain off the excess water
4. Repeat the process for at least 25 times but as much as you can. The more you wash the ghee the more efficient it will be.The ghee will turn to white colour. It will have a smoother butter like consistency.
Your final product should look like this.
BENEFITS OF THE INGREDIENTS:
GHEE: In Ayurveda, Ghee is known as a “Rasayana”, a healing food that balances body & mind, promoting longevity. It has successfully been used for medicinal purposes in helping with digestive disorders, detoxing the body and as part of an anti-aging program. It can also be used externally for skin conditions. In the West, ghee has been mostly used as a cooking oil since it has a higher smoke point than butter or any other vegetable oils.